Browned Butter Mocha Latte: The symphony of taste and healthfulness. The browned Butter Mocha Latte recipe creates a cozy, indulgent drink perfect for a special morning treat or a relaxing afternoon break. Here’s how to make it:
Browned Butter Mocha Latte ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (or butter-flavored coconut oil if dairy-free)
- 1¼ cups unsweetened cashew milk (or hemp milk if nut-free)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, plus extra for garnish (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Swerve confectioners’-style sweetener or an equivalent amount of liquid or powdered sweetener
- 3 tablespoons hot brewed decaf espresso or other strong brewed decaf coffee Whipped cream, for garnish (optional)
The yield is one serving of these ingredients, you can add on the ingredients according to your serving size.
Browned Butter Mocha Latte instructions:
- Place the butter in a saucepan over high heat, stirring, until the butter froths and brown flecks begin
to appear, about 5 minutes; this is browned butter. If using butter-flavored coconut oil, heat the oil just until melted.
- Reduce the heat to medium and slowly whisk in the cashew milk; it will sizzle as you add it to the
browned butter. Heat until warmed through. (At Uncommon Ground, we heated it to between 145°F
- Stir in the cocoa powder and sweetener. If desired, insert an immersion blender and blend until the mixture resembles a frothy latte, about 1 minute.
- Pour the espresso into a large mug. Add the hot milk mixture and stir well. Serve immediately,
garnished with whipped cream and a sprinkle of unsweetened cocoa powder, if desired.
This recipe requires a prep time of 3 minutes (not including time to brew coffee or whipped cream) and a cook time of 10 minutes.
This latte offers a wonderful blend of flavors that are sure to delight any coffee lover. The process of browning the butter adds a depth of flavor that complements the chocolate and coffee beautifully. Feel free to adjust the sweetness and the intensity of the coffee to suit your preference. Enjoy your crafting and sipping on this indulgent drink!