Mushroom soup: They are edible fungus. But are lumped in the vegetable category for cooking purposes. They provide a range of antioxidants and other nutrients that may contribute to heart health and protect the body from cancer, among other benefits. These can be prepared in so many ways and can be paired with tons of other different ingredients. We can slice them up raw and toss them in a salad, grill them, sauté them, or roast them. Add them to soups, sandwiches, wraps, casseroles, and Italian dishes. They work well as a side dish, or as the main course for vegetarians. But in this post, we have shared the simple, delicious and healthy recipe of this in soup form.
Mushroom soup Ingredients:
Here is the list of ingredients, if you do not have the all these varieties of mushrooms then you can go with one or two only.
- 200g Button mushrooms
- 1 cup Shimeji mushrooms
- 1/4 cup Indian portobello mushrooms
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon Olive oil
- a tablespoon of garlic
- half finely chopped onion
- three to four sprigs of thyme
- quarter teaspoon of pepper
- salt to taste
- 1 vegetable stock cube in 500ml water.
- In a pan add one teaspoon of olive oil, one blob of butter, and one tablespoon of garlic paste. Heat it until the garlic turns light brown.
- Now add the half-finely chopped onion and three to four springs of thyme.
- Now add one by one all four varieties of mushrooms taken. And cook on high flame.
- Add the vegetable stock to the mushrooms, salt as per taste, and one-fourth teaspoon of pepper.
- Cook it on high flame to give it a boil.
- Once the mushrooms are boiled. Put it in a separate container and blend with an immersion blender as per your desired consistency.
- After done with this, pour the soup into the serving bowl and garnish with mushroom, parsley, or other your favorite.
The nutritional profile will depend on the type of mushroom. They contains protein, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. These can have various health benefits.
These are rich in B vitamins, like as : riboflavin, or B-2, folate, or B-9, thiamine, or B-1, pantothenic acid, or B-5, niacin, or B-3 that help you boost the immune system, high in vitamin D and also facilititates calcium absorption.
These are rich in the antioxidant called selenium. In fact, they are the best source of the mineral in the produce aisle.
Dietary fiber may help manage a number of health conditions, including type 2 diabetes.
The fiber, potassium, and vitamin C in mushrooms may contribute to cardiovascular health.
These can also provide folate, so acts as the good diet potion to boost fetal health during pregnancy.
If you liked the recipe. then do share with your loved ones .